Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FHE Princess Style

Last night for FHE, my girls were still in Princess character. Michaela was Sleeping Beauty and insisted on standing in front of our fireplace to be next to her prince, Prince Phillaah, (not Prince Phillip, Prince Phillaaah). Lindie was laying on some blankets on the couch moving her "fins" around, as Ariel should.

For Show and Tell, Michaela, aka Sleeping Beauty, and Lindie, aka Ariel, danced to some princess music. Sleeping Beauty was dancing with her "Grammie Blankie" (the red cowgirl up blankie) and putting it around her head like a veil. Every once in awhile she would look to the side and wave to her Prince Phillah.

Ariel was twisting and turning on the floor, putting her mouth in a circle to blow bubbles and sing, while dramatically reinacting a swim scene in her mind of how Ariel would swim.

Randy and I looked at each other and tried SO HARD to keep a straight face and give our girls the praise they needed. Later that night, we were able to giggle and laugh outloud.

For Brevin's Show and Tell, he told us about how awesome he is in kickball during recess at school. (Which he is, I have seen him and I am totally unbiased). He now wants a tetherball for Christmas--I am trying not to see Napoleon Dynamite images of playing tetherball in my head. My sister, Celeste, had a tetherball and I thought she was the coolest sister around. We'll see what Santa brings....

2 comments:

KPackard said...

Stephanie, your girls are so cute! I love how they love princesses and their imaginations seem so vivid. Good luck to Brevin with tetherball!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

"Wanna play me?" Oh, I can see Brevin with the tetherball-what a great game for the family, Don't go buy one, we have a brand new one in package that we now have no yard to use it in, call me and I will get it to you. It was such fun seeing you and I had the exact same feeling, suddenly how much I miss seeing you and your lovely family. Hannah was laughing when I told her I flagged you down on the freeway