Monday, December 15, 2008

Early Christmas Present

Randy invited me to attend a Northern California Community College Math Conference in Monterey with him this past weekend. He booked reservations for us at the same bed and breakfast we stayed in on our honeymoon in Carmel. The last time we were at the "Green Lantern Inn" was for our 5 year anniversary. It was the same week that Brevin started his Applied Behavioral Analysis Program and I was a nervous wreck. It was nice to return 5 years later and completely relax. Randy attended his meetings in the day, while I slept in, took walks along the beach, window shopped, ate out, watched 3 hours of HGTV, read a book, took a nap, etc. My aunt and uncle in Sacramento graciously watched our kids for us so we could go. What would we do without family? It was fun to talk to Micah Nilsson and check in with their family. Now that we know this is a regular conference, perhaps next year we can plan ahead and try to visit with the whole Nilsson clan. Maybe next year we'll bring the kids....maybe not. Merry Christmas to me. Thank you, Randy.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

Sounds dreamy!

JenR said...

You've had this blog for how long, and never told me? You're all internet savvy and you never told me? What the heck? And I had no idea you and Randy had gone to Monterey either. I just saw you. How do I know so little of what goes on in your life? Huh. Well at least I can follow your blog now. That will help a little, right?

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Sounds like a few days of HEAVEN!! Good for you guys! I loved the post about Michaela's B-Day, sounds like fun ice skating, you have got some pro's in the works. Did Brevin get his tetherball? Call me and I will deliver if you still need one, brand new in box, I can drop if off on my way home from work.