Saturday, August 29, 2009

Big, Fat and Pregnant

Does anyone have a polite response when people ask when you are due, and you tell them in two more months, and they GASP, and their EYES POP OUT, and they ask, ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT HAVING TWINS???

I must be getting grouchy and uncomfortable because I am so tempted to make a T-shirt that says, "Due in two months, and I'm not having twins!"

We found out the owner we have been renting our home from is going into bankruptcy and foreclosure, so guess what I get to do when I'm BIG, FAT and PREGNANT--pack!!! Oh, the tears I have shed in my many conversations with my husband on what we should do--stay in this home, or get something bigger? Buy or rent? I am beside myself with worry. We decided to change realtors in the process, because the one we've had for the past 3 months just isn't that knowledgeable. And if I have to see another smoker, pet infested home again I will cry again!!!

So I'm going through everything and making a big D.I. pile--something that needs to be done anyway.

To escape from it all, I'm reading a delightful series from the library by the author "Miss Read". All of the books are about a school teacher in rural England and her associations with the other members of the community. It reminds me of the Mitford series of books because of the strong emphasis on characterization. Ah, escapism.

A good book and a husband who just came home from a Thai dessert run for me--mango sticky rice. Yum. Maybe I can survive the last 10 weeks of this pregnancy afterall.

6 comments:

Corri said...

I'm sorry about your house! Good luck with all of your decisions; it is so hard to know what to do. I'll keep you in my prayers!

jessica said...

Oh - that is not good news at all! I despise moving and I've never done it while pregnant. I hope all goes well - wish I were closer to help!

Jennie said...

oh NO! Moving while so pregnant?! I'm so sorry :( And definitely make the shirt or the pin or the business card or something.

The State of Our Family said...

Ugh! What a bummer! Keep me posted on what yo decide to do. I'm sorry you're having to worry about all of this at the same time as your last big chunk of pregnancy...I totally hear you about the twins thing...I got that a lot too. You're so sweet though--you are wondering about a POLITE way to handle those comments. I try to think up SNARLY things to say to make people realize how rude THEY are being! :) You're the best!

kmb said...

hang in there!!!!!! Praying for you.

Ally said...

Oh my gosh Buff you are so funny!!! Hunter would LOVE to come to your house and not just for the hawaiin haystacks. He needs to play and play and play!! he is used to watching t.v. from when he was sick and it is driving me crazy. So once brad starts school and it is just us during the day, LESS T.V.!!! you have the best toys at your house and your fun kids too! did you find a house you like yesterday?