Friday, August 14, 2009

First Day of School

This is what Michaela did while both kids were away at school all day long. She said, "Mommy, I want to make a mask." So she did! She had fun scaring me with it.
Here they are! The big 3rd grader, 1st grader and preschooler. Brevin has Mrs. Grow this year--an artistic/science loving teacher. He came home from school SO excited! "It feels like I've been a 3rd grader forever and I love it!"
Lindie's kindergarten teacher "looped" up to 1st grade with her. Maybe it was the LONG first grade day, or the fact that she's still getting over her week long virus of high fever, because she came home saying "School was so BORING. All we did was work, work, work."
Michaela's Co-op Preschool in Dixon doesn't start until after Labor Day--the way it should be! I'm excited because her teacher will be the same one Lindie had at her UCDavis preschool!
Overall, it was a great day. The kids came home exhausted. They spent the afternoon creating things out of paper and crayons. Brevin made some awesome origami, Lindie made "the tallest ladder in the world" that led her to the top of a Redwood Tree where she told us everything she could "see." She also made a quilt out of paper. Michaela made more masks! They told me about their day over brownies and smoothies. I missed them! And we do it all again tomorrow....

1 comment:

Corri said...

I'm worried about the jump to first grade too! Aidan starts school in a week, and I hope he's ready.

Kindergarten just seemed like so much fun, and I'm not sure first grade can compare!