Friday, November 6, 2009

39 1/2 Weeks and Counting

We had the most amazing move into our new home last Saturday, on Halloween. My aunt and uncle in Sacramento graciously took the kids on Friday night and all day Saturday so Randy and I could concentrate on the move. They spent the day in San Francisco watching my oldest nephew, Brandon, and his wife, Lacy do very well representing BYU-Hawaii in their cross-country races. The highlight of their day was eating at the Rainforest Cafe with Brandon and Lacy and Uncle Larry!! Thank you to family for taking care of my family.

Our move started at 9am in the morning. I was worried that not very many people would show up to help us move because it was Halloween afterall and moving into our ward we only had 3 people come and help us. Not this time! I just finished the thank you notes--there were 24 people there helping us move! Our entire house was moved by 9:40am!! And that included a trip to the dump! I am very grateful to my brother and brother-in-law who drove up an hour and half to help with the move. What they actually helped me with the most was to clean up after the move, and to keep me laughing and relaxed and calm. We walked away from the house by noon and EVERYTHING was done. I'm glad my brother and brother-in-law were able to climb our pomegranate tree and pick as many pomegranates as they could before the birds finished them off. I wish I could've offered them more to thank them for their efforts.

Many of the members of our Vacaville 1st ward came over to unload us into our new home. Members from our new ward, the Vacaville 5th ward, were suppose to come and unload us at 11am, but the 1st warders beat them to it. We were unloaded by 10:30am. We had to send people away! However, I will forever be grateful to our new Bishop Monson and RS President Sis. Berkheimer for coming over on the day of the move to welcome us into the ward. How is it possible to leave an awesome ward and enter an equally awesome new ward? We feel very blessed.

I was hoping that all of this packing and unpacking would put me into labor. I've had some pretty impressive false labor, but after my doctors appointment today, I learned that it's not that impressive afterall. All of that false labor has done NOTHING!! I am dilated to a ZERO!! My due date is 4 days away and I am convinced this baby is as snug as a bug in a rug and will be late. What I am a little concerned about is that the doctor I visited last week said this baby will be 8 1/2 to 9 lbs. easily. How much bigger will he be if I'm late?

I made a list of things I have to look forward to while waiting to meet this baby. The number one thing is to celebrate Lindie's 7th birthday next week. Michaela and I did go birthday shopping for her--just in case--but it would be very nice to celebrate her birthday on its own merits. The kids Primary Program is on Sunday and I am looking forward to seeing them sing and perform their parts. Brevin and Lindie have parent/teacher conferences scheduled for the 17th and I love parent/teacher conferences so I hope I can go to them.

My only complaint while waiting is how swollen I am--from my knees down I look like the Incredible Hulk. The doctor pushed into my calves and her finger went in an inch--I am not kidding! I feel like the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Woman. No doctor is concerned because I do not have high blood pressure, however I would like to fit into my flip flops again someday. I'm hoping after baby is born my body will just shrivel up like a raisin once all of the water is gone!

Until baby makes his grand debut, I will continue to feel thankful that we get to welcome this baby into our new home.

2 comments:

Corri said...

Hooray! I am so glad that everything went well with your move; I was feeling worried for you guys and hoping that the timing would all work out. Good luck with your labor & delivery!

The State of Our Family said...

Having been in both wards I second the comment you made about BOTH of them being AWESOME! :) Good luck with the baby!